At one time, I kinda stopped baking because nobody (apart from my mom) wants to eat my cakes. My cakes are nice. But I think everyone got tired of cake. Like there’s such a thing. 🙄These people! Tsk tsk.
Anyhow, recently, I found new audience. People who enjoy my cakes and are thankful. 😁 I think that’s what all we, home bakers, ask for.
This cake is mildly sweet. It’s soft and spongey and light. So we don’t feel guilty about having more than a slice.
Coconut Spongey Cake
70g virgin coconut oil
6 egg yolks
100g white wholemeal flour
70g coconut cream
1/2 tsp salt
3 Tbsp desiccated coconut
6 egg whites
80 g sugar
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
1. Mix the first 6 ingredients until well blended. Leave it aside.
2. In another clean oil-free bowl, whisk the next 3 ingredients until softish stiff peak stage.
3. Patiently,with a whisk, blend the two bowls of batter together.
4. Pour into a lined 8″x8″ pan. Bake in a water bath, 150c for about 45-50 min or until when an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
5. When the cake is done, take it out and drop it on the table. That helps prevent massive shrinkage.